Monday, September 22, 2014

Any Colour You Like


To witness summer's last sunset,
I showed up early like I was waiting for the iPhone 6 
and it seemed like hours passed before the sky began to crack.

The cool, becoming chilly lake-breeze
gradually washed away my thirtieth summer,
putting the filth, the reverie and the wonder behind me.

Slowly, as geese grazing in an aquatic pasture, 
the sun dropped a muted Neapolitan scoop of grey, silver, and gold
into the water.
No reds, violets, or oranges. Just simple, sophisticated, streamlined
shades of wisdom.

It all made sense until the sun gasped for air,
drowned in the horizon, and blew out a colored spectrum of a 
billion bubbles
in its wake - reminding me that wisdom is eminent, evolving, and
thankfully everlasting.


No comments:

Post a Comment